She'll Be Comin' Around the Mountain

10.01.2007

Ok...so it wasn't a mountain...but the train still came. :o)

My old chair fetish struck again. I found this chair at a yard sale and couldn't resist the orange velvet. (Orange is one of my favorite colors.) It felt a little funny paying for an old chair vs. picking it up off the curb, but it was really old and did have a funny smell. That counts for something right?

To see how the chair would look photographed, I recently took it to one of my senior sessions. When I started thinking about all the great places to put the chair, my creative mind went into overload. We photographed the chair at a couple of different locations but the images from the railroad tracks really looked amazing. And, yes, in the middle of shooting we had to vacate the tracks to let the train pass by.

Before I get emails about being on the tracks...I KNOW, I KNOW...railroad tracks are private property and you’re not supposed to put chairs on them. I didn't know that until after I was done. :o)This chair was manufactured by Flexsteel and was VERY heavy to move from our grassy location to the tracks. (Note to self...no more Flexsteel chairs…they are too heavy.) This senior’s mom was kind enough to help me load and unload this monstrosity several times. She was so funny though…after having to move the chair several times, she finally broke down and sprayed it with car freshener so it would smell better.
Pretty, pretty girl!



To: D & K
Thanks so much for being willing to let me run wild—creatively speaking. :o)
It was so much fun!
--Kim


blog comments powered by Disqus